Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Manchester Orchestra!



Manchester Orchestra is an indie rock band from Atlanta, Georgia. They have toured with the likes of Kings of Leon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Clap Your Hands and say Yeah, etc. They have played festivals such as Bonarroo, Coachella, and Lollapalooza. I saw them play at the Southgate House last November and it was a stellar show. Their debut album, "I'm like a Virgin Losing a Child," is filled with some great tunage. On Tuesday they released their sophomore album, "Mean Everything to Nothing," which was produced by Joe Chicarelli, who produces for My Morning Jacket, The Shins, and The Raconteurs. I have listened to the album a few times and I really like what I hear. It has a much different sound than their debut album and you can tell that Chicarelli was affiliated with this one; It is very MMJ-ish. They rocked the stage on Letterman last night and are currently on tour around the states. They will be in Covington, Kentucky on May 7th at the Mad Hatter Club. So, if you like what you hear and want to support your local music scene, get a ticket and check them out. You won't be dissapointed I promise.

Recommended Songs:
I've Got Friends
Shake if Off
Wolves at Night
Where Have You Been
I Can Feel a Hot One
How I've Waited

No comments:

Post a Comment