Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Pop Fly - Volume 1

Here at the Fix we cover a plethora of topics. Those that appease to the average man... the average reader... the guy who wants to know who won last night and who covered the spread... what and where they are going to drink tonight and what ass is going to be there... what band is playing tomorrow night... what's coming out on DVD next week and a two sentence summary of what's going on in the political/entertainment/pop culture world just so they can can seem intelligent to the ass they are going to meet tonight. With that being said... you "the average reader" will no longer have to peruse through the infinite tunnel that we call the Internet to get your multiple dose's of hearsay. This is the weekly booster shot of pop culture that you have been searching for. Straight off Coach Leo Johnson's fungo bat is "The Pop Fly"...


Swine Flu -



















(pic from my camera phone in my hood)

This shit is fo real!!! So real that all the Mexicans in my "Bario"are wearing nurses masks to churches, supermecardos and bodegas. I feel like I'm in that movie "Outbreak" and that little fucking monkey is hiding under my bed waiting to bite my ankles. I know that things happen in California first and migrate East... normally arriving in Kentucky and the rest of the south about 5-10 years later (See Zubaz pants and Jack Johnson's "Flake") but seriously if you are in Kentucky I would avoid all fresh produce, firework stands, Mexican restaurants and Sebree, KY.


Will Fidler -

















I mean half the people that write for this damn blog are from "God's Country" and we can't give a local boy some props. Congrats to Will on a strong showing at the "Blue and White" spring game. Hopefully this was the momentum/confidence booster he needs going into competition next fall. I know I'm a Card fan at heart but if #1 is starting for the Cat's I just might trade my red in for blue...don't get ahead of yourselves... just in football. We're all rooting for you number 1.

Lucero -

What do you get when you mix the whiskey and cigarette stained lyrics of Chris Knight with the raspy vocals of
"Drive By Trucker's" former lead singer Jason Isbell and the raw vibe of "North Mississippi All-Stars"... You get the sweet sounds of Lucero. Last week I rediscovered their old self title albums "Lucero", released in 2001. Ben Nicols and his boys from Memphis have been churning out quality American Blue for years. This album is a comfortable as an old pair of jeans and as smooth as good bourbon and I highly recommend it.








Imogene and Willie-

Speaking of the a comfortable pair of jeans. Check out this
website for Imogene and Willie. "I&W" is a an independent blue jean boutique that creates custom fits that are made just for you.... they actually pull out the measuring tape during your scheduled fitting. Carrie Sights Eddmendson (of Sights Demin) and Matt Eddemenson both of Henderson are the owners of the idea and have locations in Henderson and Nashville. If you love a simple and classy pair of jeans that you can wear out on the town as well as fishing then these are perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I think Mexico has claimed Sebree as new location for a Mexican Embassy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viva La Sebree.... y Carhardt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate at los toribio right before read this... on a good note, good game bird man.

    ReplyDelete