Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Coke Snorting Cyclist Uses the Collective, Universal Excuse of the Fix



cyclingnews.com-- Quick Step's Tom Boonen says counselling for his excessive drinking has progressed well. Talking with a counsellor "really helps" he said on the Dutch TV programme Holland Sport this week. Team manager Patrick Lefevere has attributed Boonen's problems to his competitive spirit and is confident that the rider will overcome the problems.

"He has to learn his limits," Lefevere toldCyclingnews. "Sportspeople have competition in them. They like to win on the bike, they like to win when they play cards and they like to win when they drink."

Boonen, 29, tested positive for cocaine in April, two weeks after winning Paris-Roubaix for the third time. It was his second positive for cocaine in two years. A third, previously unreported, positive test from November 2007, was also announced this year.

The Quick Step rider blamed his positive doping controls on his drinking; indicating that he drank so much that he did not know what later happened. "I was very drunk. I do not know what happened, but the next day I tested positive for cocaine," he said.

Pecker is getting pretty tired of reading about doping and sports. Whether it's what we like to call social drugs or sports enhancement drugs, I really wish the media would stop acting so fucking naive towards this topic. But I'll save that argument for another time. Right now I'd just like to focus on the man of the hour in cycling, Tommy Boonen. Tommy tested positive for coke. But he didn't beat around the bush... When questioned about the incident he gave the same answer that every male in the World would have given, although he gave his semi-professional, not too revealing spin on it. Hell, I'm pretty sure my best friend just gave this same excuse after failing a drug test during a job interview. Here's what Tom had to say...

Boonen: "I was very drunk. I don't know what happened, but the next day I tested positive for cocaine."

Translation: "Yeah dude, I did some blow off a plunger stick with 12 naked chicks in the bathroom at a Waffle House. I woke up this morning with some asshole beating my hotel room door down asking me to put my balls in a cup and cough twice. Next thing I know I'm testing positive for coke..... and snitches will get stitches."

After having to deal with the long, over-drawn trials of Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens concerning their positive testing for sports enhancing drugs, I'm relieved to find a heart warming story for future abusers to turn to. Thank you, Tommy Boonen.

T-Pain, rock this shit, ASAP.




No comments:

Post a Comment