Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Pecker's Tale: McDonalds and Casey Combest

I received this photo from Josh B., a Fixer in Houston who came upon this sign late night not too long ago at a McDonald's. I'm guessing this was an advertisment for their new Angus burgers and the job was done by a 14 year old skater punk, but pretty damn funny nonetheless.
This photo means something totally different to Peckerino, though. As soon as I saw this it took me back to my 8th grade year in middle school. I had just moved to 'downtown' Hendo and all I did was ride around on my bike with the kids I grew up with and if we weren't out being mischievous we were probably hanging out at McDonald's. Around the time of this incident there had been a new burger at Micky D's called the Big N'Tasty. They still have it today and because of this story you will probably never look at the name of it the same way again.
Around this time Casey Combest, a Hendo native, was the talk of the town. He won state sprinting titles with ease, broke a national indoor 60 meter dash record which still stands today and would leave track meets year round continually asking, 'Hey Tyson Gay, how do my ass taste?' And yes, I'm talking about the same Tyson Gay who just this past summer ran the 2nd fastest 100m dash EVER RECORDED! Casey had just been tagged with the line the 'fastest, smallest and whitest man in the world' by Sports Illustrated and was a surefire bet for a future in the Olympics. But how that ended is a different story all together. (watch the videos in link)
As my friend and I sat in a booth at McDonald's one day, we noticed a humongous, long Cadillac pull up that looked more like a boat from the 70's than a car. And out stepped Casey. As he reached the counter to order his food, I remember his bulging, gold herringbone chain almost touching the floor as he rested his arms on the register... and then it happened.

Clerk: Welcome to Mcdonald's, how may I take your order, sir?
Casey Combest: Shit dog, hold own fo' a secon... I left my shit in tha car. (Casey fetches his wad of cash from his Caddy)
Combest: Aight, uh... lemme get some...... shiiit.... ya know what... just give me one'a dem Big Nasty's.
Clerk: Excuse.... me.... sir?
Combest: A mufuckin' Big Nasty, dat new shit.
Clerk: Oh! You mean the new Big N' Tasty... Sure. You want fries with that?
Combest: ... Hell naw.

Deep down I was on the floor laughing my dick off, did he just say BIG NASTY?? I loved it! I couldn't believe it, but really I just sat there, still star struck as he walked back to his Caddy, Big Nasty in hand. And to this day anytime I enter a McDonald's I pray that somehow, someway Casey will be there. And by God, he will order his Big Nasty. You may ask, Pecker, do you think he ever ordered fries??



.....Hell naw.

8 comments:

  1. Brandon J Gaines IIIDecember 3, 2009 at 11:21 AM

    Like Tyler Merchant, Big Nasty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. “If I had the choice to be remembered forever but I had to die now,” says Combest. “I’d say, take me on
    out of the ballgame.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Looking at my daughter when I got her on the plane, I told her 'Daddy's gonna lay it on the line this time for you' because one day I'm gonna die and I'm gonna look back and I want my daughter to know one thing, man, 'My Daddy laid it on the line.'"

    -The Truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was offered a scholarship by the University of Kentucky, but his ACT scores were too low—a consequence of his devotion to sprinting and spending his free time getting high and hanging with a sketchy crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Combest is a true Koopsta! Not only is he faster than all the black guys he is more hood than them too, he aint hurt.....he just doesn't want to give up that hustle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey Combest was a 8 foot tall beast man who showered in vodka and fed his baby shrimp scampi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Peck , is that the famous Brandon Bugg in one of the videos where Casey makes a comeback? Hell of an athlete Mr. Bugg was. I was told there wasn't a better catcher in bambino/babe Ruth league baseball history.

    Ps. Thanks for shout out on the gators wear Jean shorts post.

    ReplyDelete