Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Monday, March 23, 2009

Billy G's Last Game Tonight???




Our beloved Wildcats take on the Creighton BlueJays tonight on ESPN at 7 pm.  There is much speculation that UK's coach has already been fired, is going to be fired, is going to get another year.  The fact remains nothing has been officially reported and BCG will be on the sidelines tonight coaching the cats.  Personally I believe his days are numbered here in Lexington and he will be gone after they finish the season.  When will this be? Well, UK has struggled on the road and David literally takes on Goliath in terms of basketball history.  The cats may get by this one, but I don't see them winning in a much tougher matchup against Notre Dame.  With that being said Billy G could be gone by mid week.  

My question is, who do you people want?
1) Billy D
2) Big East Coach such as Jay Wright or Jamie Dixon
3) UK past great such as Travis Ford or John Pelphrey
4) None of the above, provide your own choice
5) Keep Billy G and give the man some time

Love to hear all of your responses in the comments section

-The TURK

11 comments:

  1. If we do not keep him, which we should, I would have to go with my boy T Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say he should be given one more year at least to see what he can do coaching the players he recruited. If he goes, I want Charlie Evans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give him one more year personally but if they do decide to show him the door I love Sean Miller from Xavier. He has been rumored to be the number one candidate for the Arizona coaching job. This guy can just get it done elite 8 last year and still alive this year. He gets the most from every player and has an eye for talent and gets his team to play as hard as any team I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Miller has to be all over the radar. Dude straight gets it. At the same time I would like to see the Clyde get another shot at this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I agree with the majority. He has only had two years. That is simply just not long enough to turn a program around. I would like to see Billy G get AT LEAST one more year to work with his recruits. I personally believe that he can be a great coach to a great UK squad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to see the wrestler Gold Dust roaming the UK sidelines next season. I know it's an off the wall pick but I think his presence alone would bring something unique to Rupp. The upside to this would be that he's been thrown our of the ring so many times that when he gets thrown out of an upscale establishment he might be able to do it with some class, something Billy G has undoubtedly been unable to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the Gold Dust suggestion. You think Barnhart reads TheFix?

    ReplyDelete
  8. gotta go with Jamie Dixon...him or jay wright would be the only two that could come close to rivaling Tubbys class and coaching ability

    ReplyDelete
  9. of course that is only if pelphrey or Brian Lane are not chosen

    ReplyDelete