Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Sunday, February 8, 2009

And the Award Goes To....



While I'm sure you all are out watching the Grammys tonight, I myself am not too interested in it, and would rather watch my newly acquired BASEketball DVD.  But since the awards are being given tonight, I figured I would give out my awards pertaining to this afternoons basketball game between the Ricky P's Red Birds as they travelled to the Garden to take on the St. John's Red Storm, coached by the guy who took Mike Jarvis' job. 

The game did not play out to how I expected, as I thought the Cardinals would be fired up to play in the Garden coming off an ass-whipping that UofL fans will remember for a couple of years.  Instead it looked like the team I saw at the beginning of the year.  The Cards came out very sluggish, with Terrance Williams going 0-9 from the field.  The first half sucked so bad, it made that douche-knuckle Carlos Mencia say, "damn, that sucked pretty bad".  Long story short, T-Will blew, Edgar Sosa pouted, Samardo Samuels lost teeth, Jerry Smith acted like a senior, Louisville won by 13 and I hit -7/Under 135 teaser.  Now for the awards.

Player of the Game- That Wisconsin-reppin' mofo, Jerry Smith, who had a game high 19 points. 

Worst Group of Dunkers- St. Johns. Seriously, these guys missed so many dunks it was embarrassing.  Here's a look at a recruit for their 2009 Class.

Ugliest Cheerleaders- These girls are probably the reason Northern girls get such a bad rap.   If you can picture the guy with the stache holding pom-poms, then I do not need to describe any further. 

Comment of the Day-  After the game, I figured since I did not have anything better to do, I would go mess with T-Will. I walked to the tunnel in which the teams enter/exit, lean over and the follow was said...
Me- "Hey Terrance, I would let you dunk on my girlfriend."
T-Will- "Where she at?"
As if I didn't already have an enormous man-crush on the guy, this made the crush creepishly larger. 

Hope you all enjoyed your Grammy's.  After Weezie beat Jigga for Rap Album of the Year, this ensued.


No comments:

Post a Comment