Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, February 27, 2009

Moral of the story: Smoke pot and you will win 8 gold medals


By now, every one has heard all the analysts on ESPN and CNN bash Michael Phelps for sacrificing the sacred plant to the fire gods by way of the peace pipe. Along with the criticism and scolding, he has been dropped by many of his corporate sponsors, most notably Kellogg's, who recently outbid Wheaties to put the half-man/half-dolphin on their Corn Flakes boxes.

Well I for one think this is retarded, and so does Joe Rogan, (yes the guy from fear factor) who is also a genius stoner that has a knack for delivering truth with a great mix of humor and research. He recently wrote a letter to Kellogg's expressing his frustration and posted it on his blog. I know it's a little ironical to put a link to another blog on YDF, but this shit is too good to pass up. 

Some notable quotes from the letter:

"All I'm saying is that it's high time (no pun intended) that you mother fuckers respect the stoner dollar......I mean do you guys even think about what you sell? Pop Tarts? Are you kidding me? I would bet that %50 of people who buy pop-tarts are stoned out of their fucking minds."

"Pot smokers don't all fit into the obvious, negative stereotypes; we come in all shapes and forms - including by the way, the form of the greatest fucking swimmer who ever lived, EVER. Think about THAT shit for a second." 

I don't want to spoil anymore, but the whole article is great. Check it out:

...and on a side note, I know he gets a lot of girls and everything, but if my dog looked like Michael Phelps, I'd shave it's butt and teach it to walk backwards.


2 comments:

  1. it still amazes me that people use 1950s stereotypes to cast over weed smokers. i know productive people that smoke like chimneys and i know couch potatoes that never touch the stuff.

    ReplyDelete