Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Advertising.... On the FIX????

BGMenus.com - The taste of Bowling Green - Bowling Green Restaurants

We're selling out. Now that our number of daily hits on the Fix is well over 350 and climbing weekly, I have recieved a couple of requests from Fix Followers asking if I wouldn't mind to advertise their website/company/product and see if they get good feedback. A couple of the ideas blew ass, but I would like to use this one because I think it's a great idea and while living in NYC I use a similar site around 3-4 nights a week to order food when I don't feel like getting out. Here is a brief statement from the creator of BGMenus.com:


I started BGMenus as just a fun side project to showcase all the restaurants in Bowling Green. This side project has grown into almost a full time job. Having to respond to emails daily or adding/updating menus is a lot of work. There is a steady amount of traffic to the site each day and it has been growing every month since it's launch in August 2007.
Some of the key features of the site include restaurant information, menus in PDF format, 5 star rating system as well as users can leave their comments by logging in with their Twitter, Facebook or other logins.
The service is currently free to restaurants so the only source of revenue is through Google Ads. Once I get the Bowling Green market where I want it to be, I would like to expand into other markets such as Nashville.
The link for this website is below. Take a look for yourself and order some Mariah's Asian Lettuce Wraps or some Rafferty's Cheese Fries while your at it. They're phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment