Search The Fix

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

Friday, November 13, 2009

How did I get here???

Everyday I wake up in a place that more resembles "Guadalajara, Mexico" than the "Small Town, USA" I was culturally incubated in for the vast majority of my being. This place is unlike anywhere I've ever visited or experienced and I now call it home. The place that is in reference is the "Mission District" in San Francisco, CA and every day I venture out into the jungle that it is and catch myself snickering/mesmerized about the surrounding elements. I've come to the realization that many-a-moment in my day now mirrors the the intro of "The Talking Heads" 1980's hit "Once in a Lifetime" , when David Byrne croons, "You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack. You may find yourself in another part of the world. You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile. You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife. You may ask yourself: well... how did I get here?" I can somehow relate to this and though I have a no house or wife, I do drive a Japanese Cadillac and I live in another part of the world that is "the Mission"... So consider this the first installment of "How did I get here???"... CLJ


(My neighbor's, Scholomo - [Slo - Mo], transportation... No he is not a parking Nazi, former parking Nazi or suspect for grand theft auto of a metermaid. He owns this along with a fleet of five school buses and a furry tiger striped bicycle. The metermaid is equiped with a IPhone compatible stereo system and YES it is gang tagged.)


3 comments: